- About Us
- Advanced Automation and Electronics Research Unit
- Information Communication and Computing Research Unit
- Intelligent Devices and Systems Research Unit
- Intelligent Informatics Research Unit
- Wireless Information Security and Eco-Electronics Research Unit
- Engineering and Innovation Development Unit (ENID)
- Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Institute (REAT)
- Thai Microelectronics Center (TMEC)
- Research Unit
- NECTEC Flagships
- International Cooperations
- Contact Us
The National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (NECTEC) is a statutory government organization under the National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA), Ministry of Science and Technology. Its main responsibilities are to undertake, support and promote the development of electronics and computer technologies through research and development activities. NECTEC also provides linkage between research communities and industries through the established industrial clusters.
NECTEC was established on 16 September 1986, initially as a project under the Ministry of Science, Technology and Energy (the former name of the Ministry of Science and Technology). In 1991, NECTEC was transformed into a specialized national center under the National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA), a new agency following the enactment of the Science and Technology Development Act of 1991.
"Being a core organization collaborating with alliances in R&D of electronics and computer technologies for strengthening the sustainability of Thai industries and the sufficiency society"
NECTEC contributes to the development of Thailand's capability in electronics and computer technologies through:
I. Research, development, design and engineering
II. Technology transfer to industries and communities
III. Human resource development
IV. Policy research and industrial intelligence and knowledge infrastructure
NECTEC provides linkage between research communities and industries through our in-house R&D laboratories which is categorize into 5 Research Units Group and 4 the Development units Group. The main focus technology of each research unit and development unit are shown in the table below;