Executive Director of NECTEC, Sub-Committee on Microelectronics and Information Technology (SCMIT) of Thailand participated in the SCMIT-46 during 22-23 May 2017 and the 72nd Meeting of ASEAN Committee on Science and Technology ASEAN (COST-72) on 24 May 2017, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam.
On behalf of SCMIT Focal Point of Thailand, Executive Director of NECTEC, Dr.Sarun Sumriddetchkajorn participated in the 46th Meeting of Sub-Committee on Microelectronics and Information Technology (SCMIT) during 22-23 May 2017, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam.
The Meeting deliberated and revised the implementation issues of SCMIT Work Plan (WP) 2016-2025, and updated the status of the activities for each area which were:
- Big Data Analytics
- A Multilingual Online and Mobile Dictionary for ASEAN Community Service Project (proposed by Thailand)
- Internet of Things
- ASEAN Network Platform for Internet of Things Project (proposed by Thailand)
- Training and Research Facility for IoT Additive Manufacturing and Drone Storage System Project (proposed by Malaysia)
- Sensor Networks
- Integrated Green Energy Profiler (Hydrokinetic-Solar-Wind) Project (proposed by Malaysia
- Disaster Warning System: Landslide Detection Project (proposed by Thailand)
These projects may be submitted for funding by ASEAN Science, Technology and Innovation Fund (ASTIF) after the opening of the call for proposal during 25 May - 31 July 2017.
SCMIT Focal Point of Thailand also reported the ongoing status of the 11th International Conference on Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology (i-CREATe) be held in Kobe, Japan on 22-24 August 2017. In addition, Thailand presented a Concept Note on ASEAN Hydroinformatics and Climate Data Center (AHC), proposed by Hydro and Agro Informatics Institute (HAII) for SCMIT and COST endorsement.
Sub-Committees are established in all the major programme areas of the ASEAN COST. They are responsible for the management, coordination, and implementation of regional programmes and projects. The Sub-Committees are also enhanced regional cooperation and entrusted to review ongoing projects under their purview and assess the effectiveness and impact of their projects in strengthening the regional STI capabilities.