Executive Director of NECTEC participated in the 45th Meeting of Sub-Committee on Microelectronics and Information Technology (SCMIT-45) and the 71st Meeting of ASEAN Committee on Science and Technology ASEAN (COST-71) in Siem Reap, the Kingdom of Cambodia. On behalf of SCMIT Focal Point of Thailand, Executive Director of NECTEC, Dr.Sarun Sumriddetchkajorn participated in the 45th Meeting of Sub-Committee on Microelectronics and Information Technology (SCMIT-45) on 24 October 2016 in Siem Reap, the Kingdom of Cambodia.
The Meeting prioritized three priority areas of SCMIT and its activities for each area which were:
- Big Data Analytics
- A Multilingual Online and Mobile Dictionary for ASEAN Community Service Project (proposed by Thailand)
- Internet of Things
- a. ASEAN Network Platform for Internet of Things Project (proposed by Thailand)
- b. Training and Research Facility for IoT Additive Manufacturing and Drone Storage System Project (proposed by Malaysia), to be included as part of the first project 2.a.
- Sensor Networks
- a. Integrated Green Energy Profiler (Hydrokinetic-Solar-Wind) Project (proposed by Malaysia)
- b. Disaster Warning System: Landslide Detection Project (proposed by Thailand)
SCMIT Focal Point of Thailand also reported the completion status of the 10th International Conference on Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology (i-CREATe) and the completion status of the CONNECT2SEA to the Meeting and to the 71st Meeting of ASEAN Committee on Science and Technology ASEAN (COST-71) on 26 October 2016.
Sub-Committees are established in all the major programme areas of the ASEAN COST. They are responsible for the management, coordination, and implementation of regional programmes and projects. The Sub-Committees are also enhanced regional cooperation and entrusted to review ongoing projects under their purview and assess the effectiveness and impact of their projects in strengthening the regional STI capabilities.