National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (NECTEC) is one of four technology centers under the auspices of the National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA), an agency under the Ministry of Science and Technology, Thailand. NECTEC is specialized in and responsible for undertaking, supporting, and promoting the development of electronics and computer technologies through research and development (R&D) activities. In addition, NECTEC recognizes the importance of creating the professional researchers and strengthening their “career path” through many human resource development (HRD) programs such as providing scholarships and fellowships. Currently, NECTEC’s postdoctoral fellowships program is seeking for Thai and international postdoctoral researchers to join in various research projects.
- To support and encourage Ph.D. graduates in Engineering (e.g. Electronics, Electrical, Computer), Science (e.g. Physics, Chemistry, Computer, IT), and other related fields in order to strengthen their R&D experiences, under the supervision of senior fellow researchers.
- To increase the number of professional researchers who will be driving forces to create and deliver innovations which are beneficial to the country.
- To conduct R&D and deliver the research outputs/outcomes that align with NSTDA's and NECTEC's goals, keep up with the global trends, and respond to the country's needs.
- 1. Design and Performance Improvement of Indoor Wireless Positioning and Location Systems
- Mentor : Dr. Kamol Kaemarungsi
- Help the research team improve the design and performance of the commercial prototype called “UNAI”. Develop an international journal article based on the finding of the real implementation of NECTEC's RTLS research work. Develop algorithm that can enhance the accuracy, precision, and reliability of the RTLS system.
- 2. Digital Signal Processing for Ultra-Wideband Sensor or Millimeter wave Sensor
- Mentor : Dr. Kamol Kaemarungsi
- Help the research team improve the firmware and hardware design of the Anchor in commercial prototype called “UNAI”. Develop an international journal article based on the finding of the real implementation of NECTEC's RTLS research work. Develop algorithm that can enhance the accuracy, precision, and reliability of the RTLS system.
- 3. Design and Test of Terahertz Detector/Sources
- Mentor : Dr. Kittipong Kasamsook
- - Initiate and Carry Out Design and Simulation to Create Novel THz Sources/ Detectors
- - Design and Construct Prototypes of THz Imaging System for Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
- - Perform Experimental Testing, Problem Analysis and Journal Writing
- 4. Large-area Flexible Polymers with Antifouling Robust Microstructure of Marine and Medical Applicatoins (FleXARs Project)
- Mentor : Dr. Wuthinan Jeamsaksiri and Dr. Nithi Atthi
- - Mainly development materials and robust micro/nano-structures to meet a requirement of FleXARS project and compatible with large area and high-throughput production by R2P NIL and R2R NIL.
- - Conduct micro/nano-structure design and fabrication, surface functionalization, material selection, antibacterial and barnacle antifouling testing
- - Design and implement research protocols; designs safety procedures, adapt new procedures, methods or instrumentation relative to research procedures - Collect, prepare and analyze research data; keep a detailed notebook summarizing experiments and recording research data.
- - Collect, prepare and analyze research data; keep a detailed notebook summarizing experiments and recording research data.
- - Tabulate and display data for presentation in research conferences and for manuscript preparation; use graphics and statistical software to analyze and present data
- - Supervise other personnel in the laboratory to coordinate research efforts for efficiency; participate in training of follows, residents, students and volunteer workers as needed
- - Search pertinent Scientific literature as needed
- - Assist with ordering and procurement of supplies and equipment and with general maintenance of laboratory
- 5. Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS) Design and Fabrication
- Mentor : Dr. Wuthinan Jeamsaksiri, Dr. Hwanjit Rattanasonti and Dr. Wittawat Yamwong
- - Develop Si-based MEMs sensors to fulfill TOP4 (Sensors) of NECTEC
- - Developing simulation template for MEMS devices, i.e. MEMS microphone, pressure sensor, gyroscope, accelerometer, and any MEMS devices upon R&D team request(s)
- - Designing of MEMs devices as described above
- - Working in close collaboration with the process development and process integration teams in order to realize the designed MEMS
Generally, these following requirements apply:
- Applicants must have recently received their Ph.D. or have attained a Ph.D. degree no longer than 5 years.
- Applicants must have at least one article published in peer-reviewed, renowned scientific literature with impact factor, of which the applicants must be the first authors. OR Applicants must have registered at least one patent.
- Applicants must be proficiency at communicating and writing in English.
- Applicants must be able to work full time.
- Application is accepted until the position are filled.
- The duration of fellowship is 1 to 3 years.
- The fellowships provides monthly salary and health insurance.
- Round trip airfare. (Foreigner: To be reimbursed on completion of 1 year contract)
To apply, please complete and submit
- The application form
- Transcript and certificate of Doctorate
- The first page of passport
- Abstract of dissertation
- Statement of intent
- Three recommendation letters (should be sent directly from the person providing the reference) to the contact below
Performance Measurement and Evaluation
- Performance Assessment
- Postdoc Researcher must present their research result in a public seminar/forum at least 1 time/year.
- At least 1 International journal with impact factor.
- People Development strategy Section (PDSS)
- National Electronics and Computer Technology Centre (NECTEC)
- 112 Thailand Science ParkPark, Phahonyothin Road,
- Klong Nueng, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand
- email: psd-pdss[at]nectec.or.th
- Tel: +662-564-6900 ext. 72752
- Fax: +662-564-6901