National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (NECTEC) is one of four technology centers under the auspices of the National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA), an agency under the Ministry of Science and Technology, Thailand. NECTEC is specialized in and responsible for undertaking, supporting, and promoting the development of electronics and computer technologies through research and development (R&D) activities. In addition, NECTEC recognizes the importance of creating the professional researchers and strengthening their “career path” through many human resource development (HRD) programs such as providing scholarships and fellowships. Currently, NECTEC’s postdoctoral fellowships program is seeking for Thai and international postdoctoral researchers to join in various research projects.
- To support and encourage Ph.D. graduates in Engineering (e.g. Electronics, Electrical, Computer), Science (e.g. Physics, Chemistry, Computer, IT), and other related fields in order to strengthen their R&D experiences, under the supervision of senior fellow researchers.
- To increase the number of professional researchers who will be driving forces to create and deliver innovations which are beneficial to the country.
- To conduct R&D and deliver the research outputs/outcomes that align with NSTDA's and NECTEC's goals, keep up with the global trends, and respond to the country's needs.
Research Topic Details
Position 1 Information Security, Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, Data Classification, Data Mining, Knowledge Management
- Design and develop a Business Intelligence model to capture and understand user's behavior from web application and mobile application usage. Also, develop a model to select a high quality data source.
Position 2 Advanced Wireless Protocol Design
- Develop a full duplex spectrum sensing scheme and an efficient self-interference cancellation technique in wireless cognitive transceivers in order to achieve gains of full-duplex transmission.
Position 3 All areas of information security, network technology and management information system
- Information security and network technology.
- Cloud computing technology.
- Mobile technology and application.
- Energy-saving application for cloud computing or other distributed systems.
- All areas of management information system (information systems).
Position 4 Anti-adhesion Thin-Film Coatings on Glasses by Plasma Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition Systems
- Fabricate, analyze and test anti-adhesive polymer thin films on glass molds.
- Lead and assist the study of surface chemistry of thin films, i.e., XRD FESEM, EDS, XPS, contact-angle goniometer, AFM, adhesion of thing films, surface energy measurements.
- Study plasma analyses during the PECVD deposition.
- Support set-up and operation of PECVD system.
Position 5 Synthesis and characterization of colloidal SERS for field applications
- Synthesis and analyze colloidal gold or silver nanoparticles for field application of surface-enhanced Raman scattering (SERS).
- Characterize properties of colloidal SERS, i.e., Raman spectroscopy, FESEM, EDS, photoluminescence and zeta potential.
- Study the method of extending the shelf-life of colloidal SERS.
- Demonstrate detection of chemical fingerprint using colloidal SERS for field applications, i.e., inks on documents trace drugs in body fluids and pesticide contamination in agricultural product.
Position 6 Internet of Things: Design and Analysis
- Assist in research and development in the areas of Internet of Things or cloud computing with sub-topics in model design and analysis, big data analysis, service security, or optimization.
Position 7 Fault detection and classification in engineering systems
- Lead a research and development project focusing on detection and classification of faulty signals or anomalies in engineering systems, as well as providing prognosis information if desired.
- Develop and benchmark novel algorithms used in the project against the well-known ones.
Position 8 Impacts of high speed railway on electrical grid and mitigation approaches
Analysis of impacts of high speed railway on the electrical grid and mitigation approaches in
- Power quality
- Protection system
Position 9 Using Deep Learning for Machine Translation in ASEAN languages
- Develop deep learning based algorithms for practical translation among low-resource ASEAN languages.
Generally, these following requirements apply:
- Applicants must have recently received their Ph.D. or have attained a Ph.D. degree no longer than 5 years.
- Applicants must have at least one article published in peer-reviewed, renowned scientific literature with impact factor, of which the applicants must be the first authors. OR Applicants must have registered at least one patent.
- Applicants must be proficiency at communicating and writing in English.
- Applicants must be able to work full time.
- Preferred under 40 years of age on the date of application.
Applications are invited for Postdoctoral Fellowship positions until the positions are filled. The program offers 1-2 year postdoctoral fellowships, reviewed annually. Fellows receive a fixed annual salary and benefits which include health and life insurance, and a round-trip economy-class airfare to home country (only if the applicants work at NECTEC for at least one year).
To apply, please complete and submit
- The application form
- Transcript and certificate of Doctorate
- The first page of passport
- Abstract of dissertation
- Statement of intent
- Three recommendation letters (should be sent directly from the person providing the reference) to the contact below
Performance Measurement and Evaluation
- Performance Assessment
- Postdoc Researcher must present their research result in a public seminar/forum at least 1 time/year.
- At least 1 International journal with impact factor.
- Human Resource and Organizational Development Section (HROD)
- National Electronics and Computer Technology Centre (NECTEC)
- 112 Thailand Science ParkPark, Phahonyothin Road,
- Klong Nueng, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +662-564-6900 ext. 72752
- Fax: +662-564-6901