Spoof Detection for Automatic Speaker Verification Project under ASEAN IVO was launched during May 30-31, 2023.
Researchers from Artificial Intelligence Research Group (AINRG), NECTEC organized Kick off Meeting of the project “Spoof Detection for Automatic Speaker Verification” at De Prime Rangnam Hotel, Bangkok. This is a starting point to implement joint research activities for the Spoof Detection for Automatic Speaker Verification (ASV). This joint research was successfully funded ASEAN IVO in amount of 80,000 USD to study a spoof detection system for automatic speaker verification.
The human voice is one of the biometric indicators representing a person’s identity. The objective of this project focuses on automatic speaker spoofing detection, including examining the use of AI to fake speech (Audio Deepfake) to reduce errors, to improve an accuracy of Automatic Speaker Verification (ASV) detection and to study multi-lingual spoofing detection.
The Kick-off Meeting provides participants the essential information about spoof detection technique and related work, brainstorm and discuss the work breakdown and project plan.
This project is a joint research project between:
- Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology (SIIT), Thammasat University
- Chulalongkorn University
- Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (JAIST), Japan
- National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT), Japan
- University of Computer Studies, Yangon (UCSY), Myanmar
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD), Brunei