The Intelligent SCADA Technology Research Team (IST) is under the Intelligent Systems Research Group (INSRG). Nowadays, advanced and complex remote data acquisition and control technologies play important role in remote monitoring systems of the industry, utilities, and the government sectors. The majority of these technologies are imported from abroad. IST was established to focus on research, design and development of technologies related to SCADA systems, aiming at inventing and applying our technologies to Thai industry as well as neighbouring countries.
Focus on research and develop remote monitoring and measurement system for viable applications according to Thailand’s sustainable development plan.
Aim to research and develop high efficiency and flexibility of remote monitoring and measurement system to make domestic industries satisfaction and to keep researchers in touch with frontier innovations.
IST specializes in the research and development of mechanical and electrical measurement system by using Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) under tropical environment including energy saving ability and high reliability. Moreover, we are also familiar with user-friendly back-end system such as multi-propose database, user-friendly interface, decision support system and interfacing with existing system by using standard protocol.
- J. Kudtongngam , K. Sangkarak, P. Lopattanakij, P. Liutanakul and V. Chunkag, “Implementation of Automatic Interleaving and Load Current Sharing Technique Using Single Interleaving Bus”, IET Power Electronics, Volume 9, Issue 7, 09 June 2016, pp. 1496-1504
- J. Kudtongngam , P. Liutanakul and V. Chunkag, “Automatic interleaving technique using single interleaving bus for paralleling power converters”, IET Power Electronics, 2015, Volume 8, Issue 8, pp. 1519-1530
- J. Suwatthikul, S. Sornmuang, T. Yaemglin, I. Cheowanish, and C. Supavasuthi, “Experimental investigation into vibration characteristics for damage minimization in a lapping process,” Shock and Vibration, vol. 2016, 2016. doi:10.1155/2016/4836516
- S. Thirachai, P. Komeswarakul, U. Supakchukul and J. Suwatthikul, Trapezoidal velocity trajectory generator with speed override capability, International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems 2010 (ICCAS 2010) Oct. 27-30, Gyeonggi-do, Korea.
- J. Suwatthikul and S. Thirachai, Seismic event trigger using fuzzy inference systems, , International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems 2010 (ICCAS 2010) Oct. 27-30, Gyeonggi-do, Korea.
- P. Kajoijilertsakul, S. Asawasripongtorn, P. Sanposh, J. Suwatthikul, and H. Fujita, Modeling and Simulation of 500 kV Transmission network for numerical fault calculation, detection, using PSCAD/EMTDC, 2011 Asia-Pacific Power and Energy Engineering Conference (APPEEC 2011), Mar. 2011, Wuhan, China.
- S. Sornmuang and J. Suwatthikul, Detection of a motor bearing shield fault using neural networks, 2011 International Conference on Instrumentation, Control, Information Technology and System Integration (SICE2011), Sep. 2011, Japan.
- N. Kitbutrawat, P. Lopattanakij, P. Tiwatthanont, S. Thirachai, and J. Suwatthikul, Sensor drift detection by utilizing multi-sensor signals, 2011 International Conference on Instrumentation, Control, Information Technology and System Integration (SICE2011), Sep. 2011, Japan.
- J. Suwatthikul and S. Sornmuang, Fault detection and diagnosis of a motor bearing shield, 6th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Data Acquisition and Advanced Computing Systems: Technology and Applications, Sep. 2011, Prague, Czech Republic.
- S. Thirachai, J. Suwatthikul, and S. Sornmuang, Searching algorithm for hypocenter location in convex polygon boundaries, 2011 International Conference on Instrumentation, Control, Information Technology and System Integration (SICE2011), Sep. 2011, Japan.
- P. Tiwatthanont, P. Lopattanakij, N. Kitbutrawat, J. Suwatthikul, U. Lewlomphaisarl, Flexible, adaptable and cost-effective seismometer with Linux-based embedded systems, 2011 International Conference on Instrumentation, Control, Information Technology and System Integration (SICE2011), Sep. 2011, Japan.
- Kudtongngam, J., Tiwatthanont, P. ; Lewlomphaisarl, U., The development of high performance Remote Terminal Unit using RT-Linux for distribution system (SICE2009), Aug. 2009, Japan
- Lewlomphaisarl, U., Ekkachai, K. ; Suksomboon, K. ; Kudtongngam, J. ; Laungnarutai, W. ; Supakchukul, U. ; Komeswarakul, P. ; Thirachai, S. ; Karukanan, S. ; Saengsatcha, P. ; Jomtarax, A. ; Tungpimolrut, K., Design and implementation of the behavior inspection system for Rajjaprabha Dam (SICE2009), Aug. 2009, Japan
- Sangkarak, K., Kudtongngam, J. ; Lewlomphaisarl, U., Magnitude estimation algorithm in seismic data acquisition application (SICE2011), Sep. 2011, Japan.
- Tiwatthanont, P., Lopattanakij, P. ; Kitbutrawat, N. ; Suwatthikul, J. ; Lewlomphaisarl, U., Flexible, adaptable and cost-effective seismometer with Linux-based embedded system: R-NON (SICE2011), Sep. 2011, Japan.
- P. Pimporn, S. Kittipiyakul, J. Kudtongngam and H. Fujita, “Missing Value Estimation of Energy Consumption of Multi-Unit Air Conditioners using Artificial Neural Networks”, International Conference on Embedded Systems and Intelligent Technology & International Conference on Information and Communication Technology for Embedded Systems (ICESIT-ICICTES), 2018, pp. 1-5
- S. Thirachai and J. Suwatthikul, “A suffcient condition for separate dimensions of TDOA estimation,” Proceedings of the SICE Annual Conference, pp. 347– 350, 2012.
- S. Sornmuang, J. Suwatthikul, and S. Thirachai, “Leak detection of pipeline using a hybrid of Neural-Adaptive Tabu Search algorithm,” International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems, pp. 531–534, 2014.
- S. Thirachai, S. Sornmuang, and J. Suwatthikul, “High resolution time delay estimator of transient detection using non-uniform sampling model based parameter estimator,” International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems, pp. 1576–1580, 2014.
- Industrial prototype: DNP3 Subset Level 1 in distribution automation system
- Industrial prototype: Remote terminal unit for distribution automation system with fault detection algorithm built-in Real-time Linux operating system
- Industrial prototype: Protocol management gateway for distribution automation system
- Industrial prototype: Remote terminal unit for distribution water work
- Industrial prototype: Networks for data acquisition and communication of water pressure in dams
- Industrial prototype: Pressure controller for air leak detector
- Industrial prototype: Hydro-meteorology station
- Industrial prototype: Digital Seismometer
- Method and apparatus of tipping bucket rain gauge,
- Method and apparatus for fibre optic communication
- Method and apparatus for high impedance fault detection and location in distribution systems
- Method and apparatus for Automatic Interleaving in Parallel Power Supply
- Method and apparatus for estimating seismic signal
- Method of identifying fault location for CAN bus network wiring harness with Hardware-In-the-Loop
- Method for reducing noise from multiple seismic sensors
Members & Expertise
- Rungtip Nuntawattanasirichai : System analyst, Program developer Java framework
- Kumpee Suksomboon : Micro-controller programming, Analog and digital design
- Jittiwut Suwatthikul, Ph.D : Fault detection and diagnosis, Soft computing
- Jasada Kudtongngam, Ph.D : Energy Management, Demand Response System
- Jirayut Phontip : Analog and digital design, Power electronics
- Pasakorn Tiwatthanont : Linux programming, Wireless sensor network
- Unpong Supakchukul : Windows & WEB program developer, GUI
- Suradej Duangpummet : Model-based close-loop control, Mechatronics
- Theerapong Fongjun : Robotics, Embedded systems, Firmware design
- Songkord Thirachai : Control theory, Optimization, Stochastic process, State estimation
- Paramarporn Jinthanakorn : Database design, Program developer Java framework
- Jaturawit Janpaiboon : Automotive Electronics, Robotics, Electronic Circuit Design, openADR
- Patin Pongkacha : Automotive Electronics, Embedded Systems Design, IoT
- Kittipong Sangkarak : Analog design, Programing Microcontroller
- Nathavuth Kitbutrawat : Linux programming
- Pakorn Lopattanakij : Linux programming, Microcontroller HW & SW, Digital & Analog circuit design, Solidwork Fundamental
- Montri Chatpoj : Embedded System Design, IoT, Automotive Electronics, Electronic Circuit Design
- Arnan Jomtarax : Circuit & PCB design
- Sunisa Khomsay : AI-based diagnosis, Signal classification
- Arnuphap Dowrueng : Energy conversion
- Rangsarit Vanijjirattikhan, PhD : Scenario-based simulation, Machine Vision, Signal classification
Intelligent SCADA Technology Research Team (IST)
Intelligent Systems Research Group (INSRG)
Tel. : (+66) 02 5646900