Cyber-Physical System or CPS is engineering system that seamlessly integrates physical world with cyber world. Physical world includes all kinds of physical objects such as devices, machines, systems (man-made or natural), environments, and even humans ourselves. Cyber or digital world provides computation and control. Combining the two worlds requires, first and foremost, connectivity among physical things such that they can interact as a network a.k.a. Internet of Things (IoT). IoT also acts as a bridge between the physical and cyber sides of a cyber-physical system. Through sensors, live data can be retrieved from a physical system and processed in the cyber space in order to produce decision, which is then passed back via actuators to control the physical system in continuous, autonomous loops.
CPS is therefore far more comprehensive than IoT as it involves not only connectivity, but also computation and control. It is the scaffold, upon which all the ‘smart’ technologies are built. However, design and implementation of a cyber-physical system are complicated, considering they take interdisciplinary knowledge including computer science, mathematics, electrical engineering (electronics, computer, and control), mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, manufacturing engineering, etc.
For Thailand 4.0 initiative, NECTEC, NSTDA is set to promote CPS as one of its leading technologies going forward. Center for Cyber-Physical Systems has been formed from NECTECs three core areas of research expertise: sensors, network/system, and artificial intelligence/data analytics with a mission to facilitate the implementation of CPS technology in various economic sectors such as industry, agriculture, and urban infrastructure.
To be the national and regional leading knowledge center in all things CPS. Capable of providing methodology and guidance on how to design, implement and apply CPS to any economic sector.
To establish national infrastructure service center equipped with experts, tools, and testbeds for innovation, consultation, and knowledge dissemination in CPS technology to the public with the ultimate goal of lifting Thailand’s industry to 4.0 level.
- Consultation: Extending CPS knowledge, research, and innovation to private sector.
- Testbed Facilities: Providing essential tools and environments for prototyping CPS/IoT products such as
- NETPIE IoT Cloud platform
- Industrial Automation Training Systems
- Digital Lean Learning Factory
- Motor Power Testbed
- IIoT Connectivity and Interoperability Testbed
- Solar Cooling Learning System
- IoT Security Testbed
- Research and Development: Creating practical CPS/IoT knowledge and innovations that serve the need of our country.
- Ecosystem Incubation: Fostering new CPS/IoT developers and matching them with potential markets.
- Internet of Things (IoT), Industrial IoT
- Lean Production
- Smart Maintenance
- Edge and Cloud Platform
- IoT Security and Privacy
- Network Platform for Internet of Everything (NETPIE)
NETPIE is an IoT cloud-based platform-as-a-service that helps connect your IoT devices together seamlessly by pushing the complexity from the hands of application developers or device manufacturers to the cloud
- Industrial IoT and Data Analytics Platform (IDA)
The IDA project introduced Industry 4.0 technologies by implementing IIoT-based energy monitoring systems on pilot factories for energy conservation or energy efficiency.
Members & Expertise
- Koonlachat Meesublak, Ph.D. : Optimization, Operations Research, IoT
- Suwat Sopitpan, D. Eng. : Electronic Circuit and System Design, Sensor Technology, Analog and Digital Signal Processing and Interfacing
- Tanakorn Tantanawat, Ph.D. : System Design Optimization, Machine Design, Lean Process
- Aimaschana Niruntasukrat, Ph.D. : Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, IoT, System Modeling, IoT System Architecture
- Theerachet Soorapanth, Ph.D. : PLC/Automation Hardware and Software, IIoT System Integration, Embedded System Design
- Chumnarn Punyasai: VHDL Design, FPGA, CMOS VLSI Design
- Kalika Suksomboon, Ph.D. : IoT Security, Applied Cryptography, Performance Modeling for NFV/SDN, Deep Learning
- Ekkachart Hattha: Lean Process, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Solar Cooling System
- Raphipong Chokrungitsaranukul: Automation Systems, Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Collaborative Robot
- Thongchai Thongvichitmanee: Automation Systems, Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Collaborative Robot
- Surapun Tongrungsi: IoT, Sensor Test and Evaluation, Machine and Equipment Maintenance
- Tongpool Sangkapes: Solar Cooling System, Machine and Equipment Maintenance, Product and Equipment Design
- Arkom Haewchin: 2D/3D Drawing and Modeling, Machine and Equipment Maintenance, Product and Equipment Design
- Natapon Tansangworn: IoT Edge Computing, IoT Application development, Embedded System
- Russarin Methachalermpat: Database,Software development,Data Visualization,UX/UI Design
- Piyawat Jomsathan: IoT Application Development, IoT Hardware Design, IIoT System Design, Data Visualization Tools, Database
- Thosapon Krinsukont: Microcontroller Control Programming, Mechanical System Analysis
- Patpoom Tipprasertsin: Process Improvement, Production Line Equipment Design
Center for Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS)
Industrial IoT and Automation Research Group (IIARG)
National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (NECTEC)
Tel. : (+66) 2-564-6900 ext 2578, 2068