Photonics Technology Research Team (PHT) is one of the NECTEC key technology platforms where we bring in our knowledge and experiences in optical science and engineering, electronics, and computer programming skill to:
- solve technical issues for industrial, agricultural, environmental, and medical applications
- innovate photonic information processing devices, sub-systems, and systems, and
- disseminate the fundamentals of photonics and its impact in daily life to general public.
Apart from our expertise in photonics, we also work closely with local universities and other national research centers in biotechnology, nanotechnology, and materials science in order to strengthen our research goals. In addition, we collaborate with local chapters of the Optical Society of America (OSA), the Society for Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineer (SPIE), and the IEEE Lasers and Electro-Optics Society (LEOS) as well as the International Commission for Optics (ICO) to persuade next generations to photonics field and to keep local researchers in touch with new discoveries and inventions in optics and photonics.
Being a leader in R&D for photonics technology and providing solutions to serve local & global needs
- Focusing on R&D using photonics technology in many applications such as agriculture, health, education, export and industry.
- Technology transfer to strengthen local business in Thailand.
- Networking with government organization and local& international companies for technology collaboration.
- Fiber-Optic Components
- Optical Design
- Optical Instrumentations and
- Photonics Appliances
A portable microscope with polymer lens is suitable for hot & humid tropical weather. MuEye is a smart choice for rural schools in science class, as well as for farm uses. MuEye can be used with a smartphone in S- and DS-model, while 3moving axis Robokid-model have to be used with a computer. More info, please visit Facebook Fanpage: MuEyeLens.
A portable spectrometer, ZpecSen, has been designed to fit with smartphones. Together with our mobile app, ZpecSen spectrometer will provide spectrum information for measuring samples. ZpecSen can be applied in various applications including education, medical diagnosis, and agriculture. To know more about this prototype, please visit (YOUTUBE)
Perovskite X-ray screens
Development of a high performance X-ray screen with perovskite nanoscintillator, which can turn the ionizing radiation into visible light. We are now focusing on the lead-free perovskite structures, for example, bismuth and copper-based to achieve a low-cost screen as well as green manufacturing.
- 2016 The National Research Council of Thailand (NRCT) Excellent Invention Award- Honorable Award on a portable microscopy, MuEye
Publications (within last 7 years)
- Worakit Naewthong, Waridsaraporn Juntapo, Ratthasart Amarit, Kamonchanok Duangkanya, Sarun Sumriddetchkajorn, Thiti Rungseesumran, Natthaporn Kamwang, Yaowaluk Tariwong, Jakrapong Kaewkhao, and Atcha Kopwitthaya, “Rubidium copper chloride scintillator for X-ray imaging screen,” Opt. Mater. Express 12, 308-316 (2022)
- Worakit Naewthong, Waridsaraporn Jantapo, and Atcha Kopwitthaya “Synthesis of copper halide nanocrystals and their optical properties”, Proc. SPIE 11903, Nanophotonics and Micro/Nano Optics VII, 1190304 (2021)
- Ratthasart Amarit, Atcha Kopwitthaya, Prasit Pongsoon, Ungkarn Jarujareet, Kosom Chaitavon, Supanit Porntheeraphat, Sarun Sumriddetchkajorn, Taweesak Koanantakool, “High-Quality Large-Magnification Polymer Lens from Needle Moving Technique and Thermal Assisted Moldless Fabrication Process,” PLoS ONE, 11(1), 1–11 (2016)
Members & Expertise
- Ratthasart Amarit / Team Leader: Optical sensor, Biosensor, Optical design
- Sataporn Chanhom: Mechanical System, Mechanical Design, Prototyping and Part
- Atcha Kopwitthaya: Nanophotonics , Optical materials, Biophotonics
- Ungkarn Jarujareet: Microrheology, Particle sizing, Image processing and analysis, Digital holography
- Numfon Khemthongcharoen: Biosensors, Molecular Diagnosis, Biomedical Optics
- Worakit Naewthong: Optical materials, Nanophotonics
- Pongsakul Sriphant: Electronics, Optical design, Programming
Photonics Technology Research Team (PHT)
Spectroscopic and Sensing Devices Research Group (SSDRG)
National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (NECTEC)
email : ssdrg-pht[at]nectec.or.th
Tel : (+66) 2-564-6900 ext 2104, 2353